People who suffer losses or injuries from trucking accidents have several questions and need to know how personal injury attorneys can assist them. Such professionals enable victims to understand their legal rights and calculate the correct compensation amount for losses and injuries. A truck accident attorney handles all aspects of the case while clients focus on healing. Below is a list of what truck driver attorneys do.
Building a Compelling Case
A seasoned attorney compiles a claim to present a client’s case to a jury in court proceedings and the insurance company. A professional legal practitioner does the following while clients focus on recovery.
- Identification of potentially liable parties and insurance carriers
- Negotiating with insurance companies to ensure clients claim a fair settlement
- Taking the case to trial when the insurance companies fail to settle the agreed amount
- Investigate and collect evidence, including videos, photos, police reports, information regarding the truck’s onboard electronics, expert testimony, and eyewitness statements.
- Gather and compile client’s medical bills and injury-related expenses, and documents that prove loss. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report, truck injuries require emergency medical care.
Avoid battling with insurance companies for compensation. Instead, hire a professional attorney to take on the insurance adjuster to have a piece of mind while recovering.
Help Victims Calculate Compensation Amounts
A seasoned truck accident attorney assists clients in calculating compensation amounts. Many victims in these accidents may fail to understand the right to compensation, and that is where an experienced attorney comes in. Victims of trucking accidents have the legal right to the following claims.
- Medical bills and costs include surgery, diagnostic testing, and in-home medical needs such as assistants.
- Loss of wages includes direct loss of salary, missed bonuses, loss of employee benefits, and transportation allowances.
- Loss of future wages if clients are unable to return to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Psychological counseling due to emotional trauma
Help Victims Understand Their Legal Rights
A seasoned attorney helps clients understand their legal rights. Clients suffer severe injuries and losses following a truck accident which leads to pain and suffering, substantial medical bills, property damage, and loss of wages. A lawyer assists victims in understanding the legal right to pursue all expenses related to a trucking accident.
A truck accident attorney helps clients understand the duration they have to file a claim, how much compensation they are liable to receive and understand legal options to pursue compensation from responsible parties. Victims receive personalized answers regarding unique legal situations due to the uniqueness of each trucking accident.
Negotiate With Insurance Companies On Behalf Of Clients
Victims may experience an incredible amount of stress when a truck accident occurs. An experienced lawyer helps to negotiate for a fair and just settlement to ensure clients receive payment offers to cover all the losses completely. A truck accident lawyer facilitates this by dealing with insurance companies on behalf of the clients. A seasoned truck accident attorney enables clients to receive the deserved amount following a truck accident.
Conduct An Independent Investigation Of A Truck Accident Case
An independent investigation helps preserve the rights of victims. A truck accident attorney conducts independent research to establish whether or not the truck driver.
- Had the cargo load secured correctly
- Following the required federal hours of service regulations
- Had the appropriate operating license
The investigation may dig deep to ascertain whether the accident was caused by a manufacturing defect, failure to maintain the vehicle, failure of the trucking company to perform a background check on the truck drivers, and whether the trucking company had previous complaints concerning safety filed against them. A truck accident attorney conducts such investigations to determine the causes of trucking accidents and, therefore, responsibility and liability for a victim’s losses and injuries.
Hire Independent Expert Witnesses
There are cases where a truck accident attorney must contact independent expert witnesses to corroborate information involving a truck accident. Independent expert witnesses may include medical experts and accident reconstruction experts.
Truck accident lawyers are crucial when an accident occurs. Victims are advised to hire an experienced professional attorney to help understand their legal rights, calculate the compensation amounts, and negotiate with insurance companies on the client’s behalf.